This video will take you on this journey right from when you get your learning objective to how you create and manage your Google Classroom for your students. This is the first part of this topic. 

How to use google classroom for students pdf



As a teacher, you have a lot of work to do, and a lot of content to deliver. In this video, I will take you on a journey right from the start where you get your time table or your learning objective, to how you could use different Google Classroom tools to teach your students online As a teacher, assume that I have to teach the following concept to my students. 


how to use google classroom as a teacher



And there are additional details given as well. Pause the video, take a moment and go through the text you see on the screen Now I have to think of 3 broad things. 


1st, What is it that my students need to know in advance;


 2nd, what is it that I will teach during the live class, and third, How is it that I will check for their understanding. 


As simple as that! So how will I begin? I create a class…. fill in the required details… and click on create... It will get us to this screen! Please note that some teachers may create a class differently. Here I've created one Google Classroom class to teach one subject to one class. 


how do i log into google classroom


As a teacher it depends on what you're comfortable with and what your school requests you to do. If you remember, the name of the chapter was Quadrilaterals. So let me go to the ClassWork section, click on create, and create the topic called Quadrilaterals. Now this becomes a chapter within my class! Now let me go back to the stream section of my class. 


Once my class is created, I will share the Class code you see here with my students. My students will then use the Join Class option to enter the code and join my class. Maybe I could first make an announcement for the students about the live class by posting it on the Stream like this… or I could also send out an email to all my students by going to the People Section. 


Before I start communicating with my students, it's important that I have done my homework as a teacher. It’s always a good idea to keep your presentations, files, images, and questions ready. But where could I store these files without the risk of losing them? The answer is Google Drive! Wait, What is that? Let me quickly explain. It’s a place where we can store our files. And the files are not stored on our local machine or laptop here It’s stored on remote servers, which is a much safer option, and we can access it whenever we feel like. 


The data there is completely safe and no one can really access our files unless we give anyone the permission to access them! But… How do I access Google Drive in Google Classroom? All I will do is go to the Classwork section, and here I can see the Class Drive Folder button. Let me click on it. This space I am seeing here is where I can save my files and access them whenever I wish to. If I go to Classroom here, I will see folders for all the classes I am managing or the ones that I had managed before. Let me get into the current class folder. Now how do I Add files here? After I use the right-click option, there are 2 things I can do. One, I could also ADD my files or folders here by simply using the Upload options. This will allow me to upload my existing files from my machine to this folder. It’s as easy as that. 


And second, I could directly CREATE files by using any of the other options. I could create a Google Doc, a Google Slides Presentation, or even a Google Form for quizzes. And don’t worry; my students will NOT have access to this folder, unless I give it to them. Once I have all the files ready for my pre-class and post-class work, I am now ready to begin using the Google Classroom tools to teach my students. And I don’t have to worry as I can always Add or Remove more files on the go! At this point, I have most of my files ready in my Class Drive Folder. 


Some preclass files and some postclass files. Now I have done most of my background work! Let us go back to our class in Google Classroom. By clicking on Create, I am ready to share some material with my students. I enter the title and the description, and then give students access to the relevant files I have created. We click on Add, and then go to Google Drive! Now, this is interesting! In the recent tab, I will be able to see which files I recently created or uploaded to Google Drive. If it’s something I created recently, it will be very easy to select one from here. 


But there’s an even better way. If I remember the name of my file, I could just SEARCH for it here, and select from the dropdown. Let me select one now. To add another file, I go to Add again, And alternatively, I could go to MyDrive, then to my class, and then select the file. You will see it here along with the previous one. If I have not kept the files ready, I could also create it on the go by clicking on ‘Create’ and then selecting the most appropriate option! Now I am almost ready to post this and share it with my students. I will just select the relevant topic and click on Post. Now the background knowledge topics are ready for my students. I’ve now covered what students need to know in advance, that is BEFORE my live class. In the next video, I will show you how I will use different tools in Google Classroom to teach during a live class, and also how we could check for the understanding of our students See you there! [ #TeachFromAnywhere ] [ YouTube Learning ] 

Topic Cover

google classroom student login

how to use google classroom as a student

using google classroom

how to use google classroom as a teacher

how do i log into google classroom

who can use google classroom

how to use google classroom for students pdf

how to use google classroom on phone

how to use google classroom app


Post a Comment